Power connectors are the link between a device and its source of power. There are two main types of power connector - residential and industrial....
Power connectors carry either AC (alternating current) or DC (direct current). AC connectors allow a device to be connected directly to a power supply. DC connectors typically come in standard sizes and are not interchangeable for safety reasons. This is to prevent equipment being accidentally connected into an incorrect outlet.
Types of power connector and what they are used for
- Automotive connectors - designed to provide multiple hook-ups for low current devices found in automotive applications. Typically resistant to temperature and weather conditions.
- Compact power connectors - small in size and are fitted with safety features to prevent people coming into contact with the metal connector. They are also available in different style and types to accommodate different terminal designs.
- DC power plugs - available in different designs but typically a cylindrical metal design that can plug into a specific type of pin, usually used with a transformer plug. They're also referred to as: coaxial power connectors, barrel connectors, concentric barrel connectors or tip connectors.
- DC power connectors - receptacles for DC power plugs. They're usually easy to identify as they have a single prong in the centre of the cylindrical socket. There are as many different types of connector as they are power plugs.
- Hazardous area power connectors - used when electrical appliances come into contact with hazardous materials. Typically these connectors provide additional safety features to prevent or resist the ingress of water or other materials.
- Heavy duty power connectors - typically designed to carry more voltage than household current. Often these connectors will be designed so they cannot be removed or torn out of their socket via the use of the threaded fittings.
- Industrial interlocks - Safety devices that are designed to prevent a machine, an electrical circuit or some other piece of industrial equipment from being switched on accidentally.
- Industrial power connectors - Designed to handle high power circuits, usually designed to prevent accidental disconnections.
- Industrial power connector adapters -Allow the high−power outlets in industrial settings to be modified to distribute power over several different machines or for other purposes.
- Modular battery contacts - Provide a way to connect one or more batteries to an electrically powered device without individually connecting all of them.
Compact Power Connector Accessories
Kupujte 46 proizvode
Compact Power Connectors
Kupujte 273 proizvode
DIN 43650 Solenoid Connectors
Kupujte 451 proizvode
Heavy Duty Power Connector Accessories
Kupujte 928 proizvode
Heavy Duty Power Connector Contacts
Kupujte 665 proizvode
Heavy Duty Power Connector Housings & Hoods
Kupujte 2788 proizvode
Heavy Duty Power Connector Inserts & Modules
Kupujte 1549 proizvode
Heavy Duty Power Connectors
Kupujte 723 proizvode
Lighting Connector Accessories
Kupujte 55 proizvode
Kupujte 730 proizvode
Solar Connector Accessories
Kupujte 12 proizvode
Kupujte 126 proizvode